As we look to the new Rotary year beginning, July 1, 2019, it’s time to mark calendars, too! By the time these dates roll around, you will already have been inducted as President of your club and begun your Rotary year. Please add these District Events to your calendar:
July 31, 2019
2019-2020 Rotary International President To Visit WV
2019-20 RI President Mark Daniel Maloney will be attending the 24th World Scout Jamboree at the Summit Bechtel Reserve in Mount Hope, WV.
Mark Daniel Maloney, a member of the Rotary Club of Decatur, Alabama, USA, was selected as President of Rotary International for 2019-2020. His presidential theme, logo downloads and Citation brochure may be found HERE.
“The clubs are where Rotary happens,” says Maloney, an attorney. He aims to support and strengthen clubs at the community level, preserve Rotary’s culture as a service-oriented membership organization, and test new regional approaches for growth.
The 2019 World Scout Jamboree will be held in the beautiful southern mountains of West Virginia, near Mt. Hope July 22 through August 2, 2019.
Scouts have the opportunity to make lifelong friendships and memories with young people from more than 160 national Scout organizations representing more than 200 nations and territories. Unlike any other youth event, a world Scout Jamboree is a gathering of cultures from around the world for 12 unforgettable days.
For more detailed information on Maloney’s visit, DOWNLOAD BROCHURE.
August 10, 2019
District 7545 Club Assembly • Days Inn & Conference Center • Flatwoods, WV
This is a one-day only event. Registration will be announced later.
Who should attend?
1. Club Presidents – These breakout sessions are just for you including interaction with past presidents, Zone trainers, and your Assistant Governors.
2. Club Foundation Chairs – Breakout sessions include understanding the basics of the Foundation and utilizing the Foundation to impact your community.
3. Club Membership Chairs – Breakout sessions on best practices, membership attraction and engagement.
4. Club Public Image Chairs – Breakout sessions include marketing best practices along with the basics of social media.
5. Club Secretaries – Everything you need to know about DACdb.
6. Club officers and members – Choose from a variety of learning opportunities so that you can better serve your club and community.
July 27, 2019
Rotary Leadership Institute Training Session
Our first Rotary Leadership Institute (RLI) Training Session for the new District 7545 is scheduled for Saturday, July 27, 2019 at Fairmont State University, Gaston Caperton Center, 501 West Main Street, Clarksburg, WV.
More information will be forthcoming at a later date. For more information, see the RLI website.